How To Pay USCIS Fees With a Credit or Debit Card

In a Nutshell

The majority of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) immigration forms carry a government filing fee. USCIS uses filing fees to cover the processing costs and biometric services for your application type. You can pay for your application’s filing fees using a traditional check or money order, or more recently, a credit or debit card. USCIS does not accept or process online payments, but you can still pay with a credit or debit card using Form G-1450. This article explains how to use Form G-1450 to pay your USCIS filing fees with a credit or debit card.

Written by Jonathan Petts
Updated November 15, 2022

What Is Form G-1450?

Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions, allows you to make credit card payments for your application. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) agency that handles immigration applications, accepts credit and debit card payments from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. You can also make fee payments with a gift card bearing the Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover logos, in lieu of a personal check or money order. 

USCIS allows credit or debit card payment methods for over 40 forms. This includes Form I-130 (the family sponsorship form), Form I-485 (the green card application form), and Form N-400 (the naturalization application). Check which forms have a debit or credit card payment option available on the USCIS website

If you’re struggling financially, check out our tips on affording USCIS’s filing fees. USCIS also offers fee waivers and reductions for low-income immigrants. Check out our article on applying for waivers and reductions to learn more.

How Do You Complete Form G-1450?

To complete Form G-1450, you’ll provide your name, billing information, signature, and credit card information. You must use black ink and print your answers legibly. Be sure to enter your correct given, middle, and family name. Also, be sure to enter a valid billing address. Double check all card information before submitting your form. If you are using someone else’s credit card, you should provide their name and address under the billing information. The credit card holder must sign the form. If you are not the credit card holder, be sure to get the actual holder to sign off on the form. 

Ensure sure that there are sufficient funds on the card up until your application is processed. If your payment bounces, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will not be able to process your application. USCIS will return your application to you without processing. They do not run payment methods a second time. 

There is no cost to file Form G-1450. You should include the form with your complete application package. You should place Form G-1450 at the top of your application package. Be sure to save a copy of the form for your records.